How do I relink my SAM profile after deleting my login.gov account?
If you cannot sign into your SAM account because you’ve permanently lost access to your security method and personal key, you can reset your account by deleting it.
Deleting your existing account and creating a new one will allow you to use the same email address and set up new security options. However, deleting will unlink your SAM profile. You must follow the below steps to relink your account:
- To delete your account, sign in at https://sam.gov/. When you are prompted to enter your security code, scroll to the bottom of the page to the section that says “If you can’t use any of these security options above, you can reset your preferences by deleting your account,” and follow that link.
- Read through all the information carefully to make sure deleting your account is the only way to reset your account settings. select “Yes, continue deletion” to proceed.
- You will immediately receive an email confirmation that your delete request was received. As a security measure, you will receive another email with the link to continue deleting your account 24 hours after the initial confirmation arrives.
- After you delete your account, go to https://sam.gov/ to create a new account.
- If you have used the correct email address, your SAM profile will automatically link once you’ve signed in.