Why can’t I sign into SAM.gov with my username and password?
You must have a login.gov account to sign into SAM.gov. If you don’t have a login.gov account, you need to create one. Your old SAM.gov username and password won’t work anymore.
To create a login.gov account:
- Start from the sam.gov portal and select the Log in button.
- Choose Create an Account to start creating a login.gov account.
- Confirm an email address during the account set up. If you are a returning SAM.gov user, you must use the email address registered with SAM.gov to link your profile information to your login.gov account.
- Create a new password.
- Have a working phone number (mobile or landline) near you - login.gov will send you a security code each time you sign in.
- Finish setting up your login.gov account by writing down the personal key.
Once you’ve finished setting up your login.gov account, you’ll go back to SAM.gov where you should see your profile. You need to use your login.gov email address, password, and security code every time you want to sign into SAM.gov.