How do I relink my Trusted Traveler profile after deleting my login.gov account?
If you cannot sign into your Trusted Traveler account because you’ve permanently lost access to your security method and personal key, you can reset your account by deleting it.
Deleting your existing account and creating a new one will allow you to use the same email address and set up new security options. However, deleting will unlink your Trusted Traveler profile. You must follow the below steps to relink your account:
- To delete your account, sign in at https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/. When you are prompted to enter your security code, scroll to the bottom of the page to the section that says “If you can’t use any of these security options above, you can reset your preferences by deleting your account,” and follow that link.
- Read through all the information carefully to make sure deleting your account is the only way to reset your account settings. Click “Yes, continue deletion” to proceed.
- You will immediately receive an email confirmation that your delete request was received. As a security measure, you will receive another email with the link to continue deleting your account 24 hours after the initial confirmation arrives.
- After you delete your account, go to https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ to create a new account.
- Once you have created a new account, fill out the information on the account profile page, and at the bottom, you will see a section for previous applications. Under “Have you ever applied for Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI?”, click “Yes.”
- You will be able to link this new account with your old GOES account by providing your PASSID. If you have trouble with your PASSID, please contact CBP directly: https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask.