Create an account
Join the millions of people who trust Login.gov for safe, secure access to government agencies.
1. Email address
- We recommend a personal email address that you’ll always be able to access rather than a work email address.
- If you already have an account with Login.gov with that email address, we’ll send you an email to let you know how you can reset your password and access the account.
2. Secure password
- Passwords must be at least 12 characters and should not include commonly used words or phrases.
3. One or more authentication methods such as:
- More secure
- Face or touch unlock
- Security key
- Authentication application
- Federal government employee or military identification (PIV/CAC)
- Less secure
- Text/voice message
- Backup codes